High Level Event :: Award
The Best ICT4EE Project Award
Two winners for the The Best ICT4EE Project Award!
The final decision has been announced by Detlef Eckert, Director Lisbon Strategy and Policies for the Information Society, DG Information Society and Media.
The award was given by Livio Gallo, CEO of ENEL and Henrik Rasmussen, Head of EMEA Industries for SAP AG, representing the sponsoring companies.
The jury composed of the 3 following independent experts
Cristina Bueti, Policy Analyst, Corporate Strategy Division, International
Telecommunication Union (ITU)
• Jason Anderson, Head of European Climate Change and Energy Policy, WWF
• Simon Burgess, Managing Director, ETP Consulting
examined the top ranked websites from the Internet vote and selected the following finalists:
All finalists are invited to the ICT4EE Event where they will be awarded with a certificate.
The winner(s) of the Best ICT4EE project will be announced during the Award
Ceremony and will be awarded the € 20.000 Grand Prize from
• Livio Gallo,Chief Operating Officer, Infrastructure and Networks Division, ENEL
• Henrik Rasmussen, Head of EMEA Industries, SAP AG
the high level representatives of the two companies sponsoring the award.
The award Ceremony will be chaired by Detlef Eckert, Director Lisbon Strategy and Policies for the Information Society, DG Information Society and Media.
The aim of the competition is to promote innovation in ICT that will contribute to substantial and measurable improvements in energy efficiency, and that have the potential to provide visible and convincing showcases for investment by business, citizens or both.
The competition process
The Best ICT4EE Project Award competition was opened at the ICT4EE Event on March 19th 2009 to all publicly funded research and technological development projects that involve one or more participants having research and/or business interests in each of the ICT and energy domains.
Based on the information presented in the project websites, the European Commission conducted an eligibility check against the previously established criteria and created a list of eligible candidates on October 29th:
The wider Internet community was invited to rate the selected websites until December 31st 2009.
A jury composed of independent experts examined the top ranked websites from the Internet vote and apply the rating criteria to select the finalists.
- Step 1: Go to the "voting webpage" at http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/cf/ee09/stream-items.cfm?id=29
- Step 2: Log on - in case you do not have a Login yet, please create your profile at http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/cf/ee09/person-de.cfm?eventId=ee09
- Step 3: Click on the name of the project you wish to vote for.
- Step 4: Select the score you assign to each criterion which will be automatically saved.
The European Commission reserves the right to change any of the above
without prior notification.
The European Commission reserves the right to split the amount into different prizes.