Projects :: INHOPE VI
INHOPE VI: Association of Internet Hotline Providers in Europe (INHOPE) as European Hotline Co-Ordinator
INHOPE is working towards a safer environment for Internet users which will protect our children and respect the privacy and dignity of our citizens.
The Internet Hotline Providers in Europe Association (INHOPE) is working towards a safer environment for Internet users which will protect our children and respect the privacy and dignity of our citizens. For this purpose, INHOPE represents and co-ordinates a global network of Internet Hotlines, coordinating and supporting them in their aim to respond to reports of illegal content to make the Internet safer.
The objectives of the project are to:
• ensure rapid and effective response to illegal content reports by developing consistent, effective and secure mechanisms for exchanging reports between Hotlines internationally and ensuring a coordinated approach is taken;
• operate the European URL-Database to assist Law Enforcement and reduce duplication of reports whist producing reliable statistics reflecting the European situation and the International situation;
• enable Hotlines to deal with illegal and harmful content assisting with Grooming and Cyberbullying;
• implement INHOPE policies and best practice standards for hotlines and encourage exchange of expertise;
• expand the network of INHOPE members and provide consultation and training to meet INHOPE best practice
• inform policymakers and stakeholders at an international level, including government, law enforcement, child welfare groups, Industry and other related bodies, with the aim of achieving better co-operation internationally;
• promote a safer environment by enhancing the co-operation with International Law Enforcement;
• co-operate and share information with other SIAP project, specifically maintaining a close working relationship with the awareness co-ordinating node to ensure the cohesion and effectiveness of overall Programme operations and to increase public awareness of hotlines.
Sandyford Office Park 25
Tel. +353 12938860
Fax. +353 353 12937897
Coordinator: INTERNET HOTLINE PROVIDERS IN EUROPE ASSOCIATION (, THE NETHERLANDS
|INTERNET HOTLINE PROVIDERS IN EUROPE ASSOCIATION (||THE NETHERLANDS|
Last update: 30/04/2010