Projects :: SAFER INTERNET LV AN-HL-HELP
SAFER INTERNET LV AN-HL-HELP: Combined Safer Internet Node - Latvia
The main objective of this project is to educate the society about Internet safety issues and involve them in the process of making internet a safer place.
In the Safer Internet LV project the previously existing Net-Safe (awareness node) and Hotline will be united and the new combined node will include also a helpline.
The project consortium is composed by the following organisations:
- Secretariat of Special Assignments Minister for Electronic Government Affairs of the Republic of Latvia which will undertake hotline and awareness activities
- Latvian Internet Association (LIA), which consists of several ISP organisations that can be considered as indirect project partners
- The State Children Rights Protection Inspectorate which will ensure the operations of the helpline. The Inspectorate has been running already a separate children helpline.
- The Ministry for Children and Family Affairs which is the leading state admnistrative institution in the field of children rights protection, children and family rights and youth. The Ministry will undertake several awareness activities.
The following activities are planned in order to raise awareness of Latvian society about Internet safety:
- Organisations of seminars, conferences, contests for youth, awareness campaigns through media
- Training for IT and primary school teachers and social pedagogues; visits to schools
- Development of video clip and development of educational material for kindergardens
- Participation in TV broadcasts for children and youth
- Panel discussion involving youth and different field specialists
- Establishing co-operation with Mobile Phone Operators;
- Participation in worldwide Safer Internet Day activities and other events organised by Insafe and Inhope.
REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
Tel. +371 6728 1312
Fax. +371 2946 5566
Coordinator: LATVIJAS INTERNETA ASOCIACIJA, REPUBLIC OF LATVIA
|LATVIJAS INTERNETA ASOCIACIJA||REPUBLIC OF LATVIA|
|VALSTS BERNU TIESIBU AIZSARDZIBAS INSPEKCIJA||REPUBLIC OF LATVIA|
Last update: 17/02/2011