Projects :: SAFER INTERNET UK AN-HL-HELP
SAFER INTERNET UK AN-HL-HELP: United Kingdom Safer Internet Plus Programme
Safer Internet Centre UK
The Safer Internet Centre UK consists of:
1. Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre (CEOP) - awareness centre
2. Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) - Hotline
3. National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) - Helpline
The aim is to empower children, parents, and education professionals through information and education; make the internet a safer place; and to provide confidential help and support to children and young people who experience difficulties in the online world.
The consortium will build on individual success to better protect children from risks online, by strengthening relationships and improving awareness of products and services that each member provides.
The main objectives will be:
- To work with key players in partnerships to make the Internet a safer place by identifying and promoting dialogue and exchange of information relating to safer use of the internet and other online technologies
- Actively cooperate and exchange knowledge, best practice, and expertise in the UK and across Europe.
- CEOP will raise awareness with the help of the Youth Panel and stakeholders through products which promote online safety and security to our target audiences
- IWF will assist law enforcement in the fight against illegal content on the Internet
- NSPCC will operate a helpline where children can raise concerns about illegal and harmful content, harmful conduct (grooming and cyberbullying) and distressing experiences related to their use of online technologies.
Vauxhall Bridge Road 33
SWIV 2WG London
Tel. +44 (0) 207 238 2312
Coordinator: SERIOUS ORGANISED CRIME AGENCY, UNITED KINGDOM
|SERIOUS ORGANISED CRIME AGENCY||UNITED KINGDOM|
|THE NATIONAL SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO CHILDREN||UNITED KINGDOM|
|INTERNET WATCH FOUNDATION||UNITED KINGDOM|
Last update: 17/02/2011