Projects :: INHOPE
INHOPE: Association of Internet Hotline Providers in Europe (INHOPE) as European Hotline Co-Ordinator
INHOPE represents and coordinates a global network of Internet Hotlines, coordinating and supporting them in their aim to respond to reports of illegal content to make the Internet safer.
The Internet Hotline Providers in Europe Association (hereafter referred to as "INHOPE") represents and co-ordinates a global network of Internet Hotlines, coordinating and supporting them in their aim to respond to reports of illegal content to make the Internet safer. INHOPE is working towards a safer environment for Internet users which will protect our children and respect the privacy and dignity of our citizens.
Description of Work
- To maintain a worldwide network of national Hotlines.
- To ensure rapid and effective response to illegal content reports by developing consistent, effective and secure mechanisms for exchanging reports between Hotlines internationally and ensuring a coordinated approach is taken.
- To implement INHOPE policies and best practice standards for hotlines and encourage exchange of expertise.
- To expand the network of INHOPE members and provide consultation and training to meet INHOPE best practice standards.
- To educate and inform policymakers and stakeholders at an international level, including government, law enforcement, child welfare groups, Industry and other related bodies, with the aim of achieving better co-operation internationally.
- Co-operate and share information with other SIAP project, specifically maintaining a close working relationship with the awareness co-ordinating node to ensure the cohesion and effectiveness of overall Programme operations and to increase public awareness of hotlines.
- To raise awareness of INHOPE and member hotlines as a "one stop shop" for global reports of illegal content.
- To identify new trends in cyber crimes and develop solutions.
Results / Expected Impact
- Internet Hotlines have proven to be an effective first line of defence against illegal activity online. www.inhope.org is the only centralised portal where the public can report illegal and harmful use of the Internet. The mission of INHOPE is to support and enhance the performance of Internet Hotlines around the World ensuring swift action is taken in responding to reports of illegal content. INHOPE strives to make the internet a safer place for all.
Sandyford Office Park 25
Sandyford, Dublin 18
Tel. +353 1 293 8860
Fax. +353 1 293 7897
Coordinator: INTERNET HOTLINE PROVIDERS IN EUROPE ASSOCIATION ("INHOPE"), THE NETHERLANDS
|INTERNET HOTLINE PROVIDERS IN EUROPE ASSOCIATION ("INHOPE")||THE NETHERLANDS|
Last update: 16/09/2009