Projects :: Saferinternet ES AN-HL-HELP
Saferinternet ES AN-HL-HELP: PROTEGELES IV - Spanish combined awareness and hotline node
Safer Internet ES (Protegeles IV) project has a single partner consortium for a combined node of awareness, hotline and helpline actions, PROTEGELES, which is the organization that has been running both the Spanish hotline as well as the Spanish awareness node for several years.
PROTEGELES was founded as a not for profit association by the Spanish company OPTENET, S.A. and the Spanish NGO ACPI (Acción Contra la Pornografía Infantil) in order to better meet the project requirements for the running of the Spanish hotline at the time.
- Act as a private hotline against child pornography in Spain. Receiving through the web site www.protegeles.com reports from citizens on child pornographic content in the Internet. Currently, the hotline has broadened its scope and is also receiving reports on other illegal content such as drugs, terrorism and racism.
- Promote the collaboration of the different social agents in the fight against child pornography in the Internet: the Internet Industry, other child welfare organizations, the public administration, and the Spanish Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Promote awareness campaigns aimed at encouraging a safer and more responsible use of new online technologies by children and adolescents.
- Provide through dedicated helplines advice to parents and children on how to deal with harmful conduct such as cyberbullying, anorexia and bulymia
- Elaborating reports periodically on issues regarding children and new technologies and presenting these reports to the media, Internet Industry, other child protection associations, the government and the Spanish Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Actively cooperate with other national nodes in the European network by exchanging information about best practices, participating in meetings and designing and implementing a European approach
- Take an active part in European-level events and in the organisation of regional and local events for Safer Internet Day.
- Participate actively in networking nationally and at European level and contribute to cross-border discussions and exchange of best practice.
ROTTA Ana luiza
C/echegaray n°8 Edif.3 Parque Empresarial alvia
Coordinator: PROTEGELES, SPAIN
Last update: 11/11/2009