Projects :: Safer Internet IT SIC
Safer Internet IT SIC: EASTIII:Easy to Stop-It
Safer Internet IT SIC - Italian Safer Internet Centre
This project aims to extend the duration of the EAST II project by merging it with the national Safer Internet Center, thereby further strengthening its ongoing activities and guaranteeing its longer term sustainability and effects. The Center is composed of a hotline, an awareness node, and a helpline, all of which are aimed at guaranteeing greater safety for minors using New Media. This will be achieved through a sustained fight against illegal/harmful content and conduct, by promoting a more responsible and positive use of New Media by minors, by involving all relevant stakeholders and strengthening synergy with national and EU policies/initiatives.
Work in this field will entail continuing the development of high quality and well-targeted awareness tools and strategies, and ensuring the participation of target groups (children and parents) in the creation and dissemination of activities and results. Recent best practices produced at EU level will be taken into account in the creation of new strategies and tools.
The principal objectives are:
• To increase Italian stakeholders’ cooperation and involvement, mainly by encouraging Advisory Board members to take more active roles in designing strategies, planning initiatives, increasing dissemination, and in negotiation and lobbying channels. The Advisory Board should become the national referral point in Italy on themes relating to the safer use of New Media among young people, and also ensure the establishment of longer term objectives and strategies. Assistance will be provided by young people serving on the Board itself, whose participation will guarantee a better informed decision-making process.
• To work in close cooperation with LEAs and other key actors (social services, magistrates, ICT industries) in setting up effective measures to combat the production and dissemination of child abuse images and online victimisation, and continuing to work towards the creation of a national Referral System on the Identification of Victims, while also promoting standardisation of procedures among LEAs and other key stakeholders in the field (principally within the ICT sector).
• To ensure the Safer Internet Center’s continued visibility through an ongoing, extensive dissemination campaign based on mass media and multiplayer actors’ involvement. The Center will become a unique, reliable, reference point with brand recognition and therefore attain high visibility among the general public.
• To provide the general public with the tools they need to report cases and find information they need regarding online safety for children and young people.
• To effectively contribute to existing European networks: through Inhope and Insafe and the new helpline network, the further development of best practices guidelines, tools for quality control, and the creation of opportunities that allow for the exchange of expertise and experiences acquired.
DE PAOLI Cristiana
Via Volturno 58
Coordinator: SAVE THE CHILDREN ITALIA ONLUS, ITALY
|SAVE THE CHILDREN ITALIA ONLUS||ITALY|
|ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA DIFESA CONSUMATORI ED AMBIENTE||ITALY|
Last update: 04/06/2012