Projects :: Safer Internet LT SIC
Safer Internet LT SIC: Lithuanian Awareness, Hotline and Helpline Actions for Safer Internet
Safer Internet LT SIC - Lithuanian Safer Internet Centre
SAFER INTERNET LT SIC: Lithuanian Awareness, Hotline and Helpline Actions for Safer Internet
The objectives of the project: increase public awareness about harmful content and conduct on the Internet; promote safer online environment; provide the public with a contact points for reporting illegal and harmful content and conduct, in particular on child sexual abuse material, grooming and cyberbullying.
The Safer Internet Centre established by this project consists of:
• An awareness centre, which aims to help children, parents and educators to avoid the dangers associated with the harmful content and conduct on the Internet and aims to educate the society and promote safer online environment;
• A hotline, which provides a facility to accept and process reports from the public about illegal and harmful content on the Internet.
• A helpline, which provides a facility to answer online questions and telephone calls from children and parents related to their use of online technologies, in particular in relation to harmful contact (grooming), harmful conduct (cyberbullying), harmful content and uncomfortable or scary experiences of using online technologies (from July 2011)
The project is a continuation of the Safer Internet LT AN-HL project, which has been implemented in 2009-2010 in Lithuania. In the new phase the following activities are foreseen:
- establishment and operation of the helpline; this new and challenging task for this project will be achieved on the base of close cooperation between RRT and the well known in the country NGO "Children line" providing psychological and emotional support for children;
- improvement of operations of the hotline and substantial contribution to the activities of INHOPE;
- a wide range of awareness raising events, including Safer Internet Day celebrations;
- creation of new awareness tools;
- further development of activities of the Youth Panel;
- dedicated seminars for targeted users groups.
Communications Regulatory Authority of the Republic of Lithuania (RRT) – coordinator of the project, reponsible for the operations of the hotline and helpline.
Centre of Information Technology of Education under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania (CITE) – beneficiary, responsible for the activities of awareness centre.
Algirdo Str. 27A
REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
Tel. +370 5 2105676
Fax. +370 5 2161564
Coordinator: LIETUVOS RESPUBLIKOS RYSIU REGULIAVIMO TARNYBA, REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
|LIETUVOS RESPUBLIKOS RYSIU REGULIAVIMO TARNYBA||REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA|
|SVIETIMO INFORMACINIU TECHNOLOGIJU CENTRAS VALSTYBES BIUDZETINE ISTAIGA - ITC||REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA|
Last update: 27/01/2012