Projects :: Safer Internet PL SIC
Safer Internet PL SIC: Polish Safer Internet Centre
The Polish Safer Internet Centre has over the years gained a good visibility in Poland and will continue with organizing awareness activities and running a hotline and helpline.
Polish Safer Internet Centre is formed by Nobody’s Children Foundation and NASK – organizations working together under the Safer Internet Programme since 2005. The Polish Centre runs three projects:
- Saferinternet.pl - comprehensive awareness-raising actions,
- Helpline.org.pl – support and advice for young Internet users and their parents,
- Dyżurnet.pl – hotline for illegal online content.
The current proposal draws from the success of previous initiatives - it assumes continuation of the major activities conducted before 2010, and also implementation of new elements. The actions planned take into account the specific situation and the needs of Internet users in Poland.
The recipients of awareness-raising activities under Saferinternet.pl are not only children and young people, but also parents and professionals working with children. The scope of topics dealt with so far ranges from dangerous contacts, harmful content, cyberbullying and data protection, and in the coming period will be updated to respond to the latest trends, such as sexting and excessive Internet use. Awareness-raising material will be distributed to schools directly, as well as will be available online (campaign website, e-learning platform). Hotline and Helpline services will also be widely promoted.
- Increased awareness on online risks and responding to them among children and young people,
- Increased knowledge and understanding about how children behave online and how to protect them among parents and professionals working with children,
- A comprehensive educational offer for schools (obliged to cover online safety topics under the new curriculum);
- High visibility of Hotline and Helpline services,
- Developed network of cooperating institutions from all across the country,
- Higher visibility of child protection issues in national discussion around online safety and cyber-crime.
Ul. Wawozowa 18 / 010
Tel. +48 22 3808159
Coordinator: NAUKOWA I AKADEMICKA SIEC KOMPUTEROWA, POLAND
|NAUKOWA I AKADEMICKA SIEC KOMPUTEROWA||POLAND|
|FUNDACJA DZIECI NICZYJE||POLAND|
Last update: 01/03/2011