ELECTRICITY UTILITIES AND TELECOM COMPANIES
> 11 January 2012, Brussels
The European Commission, DG Information Society and Media (DG INFSO), has organised a series of workshops on Smart Grids. The workshops bring together representatives from electricity utilities, telecom companies and energy solution providers with the objectives of:
exploring synergies and opportunities to put in place broadband infrastructures for the rollout of smart grids;
designing the policy framework to support the deployment of the ICT infrastructure needed for smart grids;
examining business, regulatory, and technological issues.
The third workshop in the series was held in Brussels on
Wednesday 11 January 2012. More than 20 representatives from the private sector
industry trade associations participated together with officials from DG INFSO.
Please find below the outcome of the workshop.
• European Commission - Smart Grids Spectrum Policy Aspects
• European Commision - Connecting Europe Facility
• GSMA - 3rd Workshop with Utilities and Telecom Operators on Smart Grids
• Nokia Siemens Networks - Comments on critical infra structure
• STEDIN - Energy & Telco synergies