A note on methodology & general disclaimer
- Tariffs are based on information collected by the Commission from the mobile operators' websites.
- Voice tariffs are based on 4-minute calls and include VAT.
- SMS tariffs are based on 1 SMS sent while roaming and include VAT.
- Data tariffs are based on 1 MB (1024kb) and include VAT.
- Our database only provides a sample of typical roaming rates (not a complete inventory) charged by European mobile phone companies for a 4-minute long voice conversation.
The following assumptions apply to all rates:
- Standard tariff plan (i.e. no premium or business tariff plans)
- No special holiday packages or price promotions selected
- All calls at peak-time (e.g. Monday morning, 11am)
- VAT and other duties, if any, are included
- All prices are given in EUR
- Four-minute long conversations (to avoid comparator distortions caused by one-off interconnection charges)
- EU countries only
This website is intended to provide guidance to consumers as to the charges they may face when making or receiving roamed calls within the European Union. The tariffs quoted are for illustrative purposes only, and accordingly relate to calls of a fixed duration, to and from a limited number of destination countries, and at a peak time of the week. They do not take account of special tariff plans or packages. Consumers are advised to consult operators’ literature and websites for confirmation of tariffs and of any tariff plans or packages that may be available.
While every effort has been made to provide accurate and comparable data, the European Commission can accept no liability whatsoever for any error, omission, statement or assertion contained in this website.