Cold Chain Monitoring and Traceability Services
Cold-Trace offers a wide range of services for monitoring traceability of the cold chain using mobile communications. They consist of a management tool on board trucks that collects and processes information from a set of sensors distributed throughout the vehicle, and offers an easy-to-use software application that allows truck drivers to manage all administrative tasks performed during a trip. Information arising in the truck is transmitted to the central office using mobile communications based on GPRS/3G.
- Coordinated by
- INMARK ESTUDIOS Y ESTRATEGIAS S.A., SPAIN
- Contact info
- YOLANDA URSA
CALLE RAFAEL CALVO 9
28010 - MADRID
Tel. +34 91 4480203
Fax. +34 91 5940578
- Project Website
COLD-TRACE: THE MOST COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR TRACEABILITY
Cold-Trace (Cold Chain Monitoring and Traceability Services) is a modular and flexible system for reducing operation costs and enabling a constant monitoring and control of the cold chain during transportation. It is a complete and integrated mobile solution, absolutely unique, offering the European enterprises and consumers a wide range of services for the traceability of the supply chain.
The Cold-Trace Market Validation Project under the eTEN Programme has been launched on 1st May 2005. The Cold-Trace services that will be commercialised under the ColdRoad brand consist of a management solution on board trucks that collects and processes information from a set of sensors distributed throughout the vehicle, and offers an easy-to-use software application that allows truck drivers to manage all administrative tasks performed during a trip. Information arising in the truck is transmitted to the central office using mobile communications based on GPRS/3G.
The Cold-Trace Project brings together a team of leading professionals, transportation companies and high qualified managers in the provision of e- Business solutions, market research, usability evaluation, fleet management systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), electronic data transmissions, mobile solutions and transport and logistics services.
The Cold-Trace system offers a wide range of services, such as work order management, positioning system, navigation system, trip expenditure management, pallet-interchange registry, messaging system, temperature registry and refrigerator equipment remote control. To host all required functionalities, the Cold-Trace system includes the following components:
- PDA: located at the truck driver cabin, the ColdRoad PDA hosts the work order management and messaging systems. The PDA is used by the truck driver to perform all the administrative tasks required to manage Work Orders, to access the information gathered from the Black- Box, and to be in touch with headquarters by means of a messaging system.
- Black-Box: located at the trailer, this hardware records information from a set of sensors located throughout the trailer and communicates with the PDA. Sensors attached to the Black-Box capture trailer temperature and opening of the trailer door.
- Cold-Trace Server: software running at headquarters, responsible for communicating data to and from the trucks.
- Cold-Trace Office Fleet Management Application: software running at headquarters, offering the user interface where fleet managers can locate
|INMARK ESTUDIOS Y ESTRATEGIAS S.A.||Co-ordinator||SPAIN|
|UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK - NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND, CORK||Contractor||IRELAND|
|SCANDLOG TRANSPORT AB||Contractor||SWEDEN|
|EASYTECH SOFTWARE INDUSTRIAL S.A.||Contractor||SPAIN|
|FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V.||Contractor||GERMANY|
|O'DONOVAN TRANSPORT (CORK) LIMITED||Contractor||IRELAND|