eTEN Usability and Accessibility
The Tenuta Project provides free usability and accessibility support for eTEN-funded projects to help improve the user acceptance of their e-solutions and to facilitate greater market impact. The support includes both training courses and on-site assistance with usability and accessibility.
- Coordinated by
- UNIVERSITY OF YORK, UNITED KINGDOM
- Contact info
- PETRIE HELEN
HESLINGTON HALL -
YO10 5DD - YORK
- Project Website
TENUTA provides hands-on professional support to e-service projects that receive grants from the European Commission’s eTEN programme. This support helps ensure trans-European online public services are easy to use for everyone. As a result, projects’ online services will have increased usability and impact.
Online public services must be accessible to the widest possible user base so that no one is excluded from these new services, including older and disabled individuals. Usability and accessibility issues are key obstacles for web-based public services as they reach deployment. Failure to address these issues may cause services to have a limited impact.
Tenuta helps ensure that e-service projects participating in the eTEN programme create accessible and usable websites and online services by offering their consulting services to these projects. Tenuta’s professional support includes:
- On-site assistance based on pragmatic usability and accessibility
- Review of projects, evaluation of e-solutions and recommendations for improvements to processes and products
- Assistance to help projects put usability and accessibility programmes into practice
- Free three-day training courses
- Email and telephone support by Tenuta consultants Tenuta’s support services are based on methods developed in the latest research as well as practical experience. They will provide simple, easy to apply guidance to eTEN projects on the use of straightforward techniques to increase usability and accessibility. Projects will benefit by incorporating these techniques into their eservices to enhance the quality of service provided to citizens and businesses. The partners in the Tenuta project include:
- University of York (coordinator), UK: The Human Computer Interaction Research Group at the University of York’s interdisciplinary approach integrates methods developed in the latest software engineering research with the cognitive and social sciences
- Halogen AB, Sweden: a leading Internet agency offering consultancy services primarily in the areas of information management, e-commerce and multi-channel service.
|UNIVERSITY OF YORK||Co-ordinator||UNITED KINGDOM|
|THE CITY UNIVERSITY||Contractor||UNITED KINGDOM|