- Group size: 15 - 150 people
- Advance booking requirement: minimum 10 weeks
- Confirmation: You should receive confirmation within 2 weeks of submitting your request, including the contact details of the person handling your visit. If not, please email COMM-VISIT-REQUESTS@ec.europa.eu.
- Cost: Free of charge
- Minimum visitor age: 15
- Language: All EU languages – tell us your preference when you apply.
- Identification: You must show a passport or national ID card to get into the building (driving licence not accepted).
- Cancellation: Please warn us at least 2 weeks in advance at COMM-VISIT-REQUESTS@ec.europa.eu, including your visit number.
- A late arrival may result in cancellation of your visit. Please warn us by calling +32 (0) 2 296 7297.
The Visitors' Centre offers 3 kinds of group visit:
Location and access
European Commission Visitors' Centre
On the corner of Rue de la Loi and Rue du Taciturne.
We strongly recommend using public transport to come to the Visitors’ Centre. The closest stop is 'Schuman' and can be reached by metro and bus. When leaving the metro station, follow the signs for the 'Berlaymont' exit.
Dedicated parking for buses is available in Rue du Taciturne (on your right when turning off rue de la Loi).
To enter the Visitors’ Centre, you must show a national ID card or passport (driving licence not accepted). You must also pass through a metal detector, similar to those at airports, and your belongings will be X‑rayed.
The Visitors' Centre is wheelchair-accessible. Please indicate your needs on the application form.
Wi-Fi is available inside the Visitors' Centre.
- Visit other EU institutions, bodies and agencies
- EU institution open-door days – annually in May
- European Commission libraries in Brussels and Luxembourg (researchers only)
- European Commission historical archives in Brussels (open to the public)
- European Commission Luxembourg Information Centre (open to the public, website in French only)