Navigation path

please wait

What do I need before leaving?

Go back to the search results
Are you a non-EU citizen wishing to carry out seasonal work in the Czech Republic? You can find information below on the conditions to fulfil and procedures to follow, as well as the rights you can enjoy during your stay.

There is no specific scheme for seasonal workers. General rules apply.

You must obtain:
  • a work permit; and
  • a short-stay visa for the purpose of employment (employment not exceeding 90 days)
  • employee card (employment exceeds 90 days)


Where and how to apply

You must apply for a work permit at the regional Labour Office of the Czech Republic. Work permits are not required for certain categories of workers.

Employer obligations

A labour market test is applied where the employer wants to employ a non-EU national. If there is no suitable candidate being registered as a jobseeker, having the qualifications required, available on the labour market, the employer may recruit you within 30 days.

No labour market test is carried out in specific cases.

You can search an online database for job vacancies. You can also submit your CV online.

For the stay exceeding 90 days application form employee card is to be lodged.

Documents required .
Further requirements .
Duration of validity of permits .
Appeals .

Further information

More on working in the Czech Republic

More on employer obligations

More on work permits

More on long-stay visas for the purpose of employment

More on long-term residence permits for the purpose of employment


Change of employment Work permits are tied to a specific position and a specific employer. If you wish to change jobs, you must get a new work permit from the competent Labour Office.