Navigation path

please wait

What do I need before leaving?

Go back to the search results
Are you a non-EU citizen wishing to carry out work in Ireland under another category of worker? You can find information below on the conditions to fulfil and procedures to follow, as well as the rights you can enjoy during your stay.

Intra-corporate transferee

As an intra-corporate transferee, you must obtain:
  • a valid entry visa (if necessary);
  • an intra-corporate transfer permit; and
  • a certificate of registration issued by GNIB/local Immigration Officer after you arrive in Ireland.


Intra-corporate transferee

Where and how to apply

Intra-company transfer permit

Senior managers, key personnel or personnel undergoing a training programme may be issued with an intra-company transfer permit.

Applications are submitted to the Employment Permit Section of the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at least 12 weeks before the proposed job commences.

You must complete the intra-company transfer permit application form.

Intra Company Transfer Employment Permits are strictly limited to the following eligible positions:

  • senior management earning a minimum annual remuneration of € 40,000;
  • key personnel earning a minimum annual remuneration of € 40,000; or
  • personnel undergoing a training programme earning a minimum annual remuneration of € 30,000

You must have been working for a minimum of six months with the overseas company prior to the transfer.

Current holders on an Intra-Corporate Transfer (ICT) Employment Permit can apply for a Green Card Employment Permit or Work Permit Employment Permit from within the State subject to normal criteria.

Foreign nationals can also apply for an Intra-CT Employment Permit.


If a permit is issued, you must obtain a D-visa unless you are visa-exempt.

You must apply online unless you are already living in Ireland and are making a re-entry visa application.

Documents required

An application can  be made by the Host Organisation in Ireland or the transferee and should be accompanied by the appropriate fee and the following supporting documents:

  • two passport size photographs of the proposed transferee;
  • copy of the passport of the proposed transferee.

The Host Organisation must be registered with the Office of the Revenue Commissioners and with either the Companies Registration Office, the Registrar of Friendly Societies or the Registrar of Business Names and must operate his/her trading in Ireland.

Duration of validity of permits The duration of your intra company transfer permit may be for a defined period depending on the reason for transfer. It can be initially granted for a maximum period of 24 months and may be extended upon application to a maximum stay of five years.
Further requirements Following admission to Ireland, you must register with your local immigration officer and obtain a certificate of registration.

If you are in Dublin this is with the Garda National Immigration Bureau. Otherwise you should register with the District Headquarters in other Garda districts.
Further information More on intra-corporate transfers

More on visas

More on registration



Current holders of Intra-Corporate Transfer Provider Employment Permits and Contract Service Provider Employment Permits can now apply for other types of Employment Permit subject to the normal criteria.