How to search in ARCHISplus
Searching the archival fonds
Enter a query
- A search is always performed on the archives metadata, not on the full text of documents.
- You can use several terms in the same search query. You have 2 options:
- all words – descriptions containing all these words (default setting)
- at least one word – descriptions containing one or more of these words.
- You can also narrow your search by specifying the period or the year, the field of activity or the treaties appearing in the description. These options can be selected from drop-down menus.
- You can indicate in the corresponding field the number of results to be displayed.
- Advanced search
- To search for an exact expression, place it in quotation marks ("…").
>> Example: "relations avec la Yougoslavie": results will contain the terms " relations avec la Yougoslavie " in that order.
- Place a "minus" sign (-) in front of any terms that you want to be left out of the results.
>> Example: pêche -Islande: results will contain the term "pêche", but not "Islande".
- Use an asterisk (*) to replace one or more letters in a word, to search for all terms sharing a root or all forms of a word (plural, conjugation, etc.).
>> Example: agric*: results will include "agricole", "agriculture", "agriculteurs", etc.
- The results list displays the transfers and files found. If the results contain only transfers or files (but not both), the list will appear immediately.
- The list of transfers displays the number, date and title of each transfer.
- To display the complete description of a transfer, click its number. The content of the summary and field of activity is displayed.
- The system allows you to access directly any files linked to the transfer, and if any, other
- The list of files displays the number, date and title of each file.
- To display the complete description of a file, click its number. The content of the summary, subject(s), place(s) and subject matter fields is displayed
- You can immediately consult the description of the transfer to which the file belongs.
- You can display or print several transfers or files simultaneously. Tick the box in front of the items you are interested in.