Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS)
The Committee provides opinions on health and safety risks (chemical, biological, mechanical and other physical risks) of non-food consumer products (e.g. cosmetic products and their ingredients, toys, textiles, clothing, personal care and household products) and services (e.g. tattooing, artificial sun tanning).
- List of members (with CVs and declarations).
- Members can be contacted via the Secretariat.
- The declarations of working group-members and other supporting experts are published after an opinion has been adopted.
The committee usually produces its reports in response to a specific request.
Opinions and statements
Opinions in plain language
For some opinions – of direct relevance to the public – a plain-language version is produced for non-specialists.
- Rules of procedure of the Scientific Committees
- the stakeholder dialogue procedure is set out in Annex IV of that document
SANTE-C2-SCCS AT ec.europa.eu
Former Scientific Committees