Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety
Patient safety package
A patient safety package published on 19 June 2014 by the European Commission highlights how the Commission and EU countries are addressing the challenge of patient safety, progress made since 2009 and barriers to overcome to improve patient safety as foreseen in a Council Recommendation 2009/C 151/01 .
It consists of the following documents:
- The Commission's second implementation report
- Infograph “Patient Safety in the EU: 2014”
- Public consultation on patient safety and quality of care
- Eurobarometer survey testing citizens' perception of quality of care and patients' experience with healthcare.
- Key findings and recommendations on Reporting and learning systems for patient safety incidents across Europe . Report of the Patient Safety and Quality of Care Working Group of the European Commission
- Key findings and recommendations on Education and training in patient safety across Europe . Report of the Patient Safety and Quality of Care Working Group of the European Commission
- Press release