Level 2 - Details on Tooth filling materials
- 1. Introduction
- 2. How are dental amalgams made?
- 3. How can dental patients and workers be exposed to mercury from amalgams?
- 4. What health effects could be linked to the form of mercury contained in dental amalgams?
- 5. What are the possible health effects of alternative tooth filling materials?
- 6. Conclusion on health effects of dental amalgams and their alternatives on users
- 7. What is the environmental risk of the use of dental amalgams and alternative materials?
- 8. How serious are the risks of indirect exposure to mercury from disposal dental amalgams?
- 9. What further information is needed on environmental risks of dental amalgams?