- Current languageen
Other related policies
In addition to the Medical Devices Directives, outlined below is a non-exhaustive list of legislation and non-legislative policies that can have an impact on the medical devices sector.
5. Environmental legislation
- Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS)
- Directive on Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- Directive on energy-using products (EuP)
- Ecolabel Regulation
- EMAS Regulation
- Waste Directive
- Biocides Directive
6. Energy legislation
- This interpretative document explains the relation between the medical devices legislation and the Machinery Directive.
- This interpretative document explains the relation between the medical devices legislation and the Personal Protective Equipment Directive.
12. Late payment
13. Research: get support
SM-BIO Power and Seventh research Framework Porgram (FP7)
Besides the policies that have been cast into legislation, there are non-legislative policies that might also cover the medical devices sector.
New Approach Standardisation in the Internal Market, as European Standardisation is a useful tool which supports the Medical Devices legislative framework.
Patient safety, a policy led by DG Health and Consumer, has disseminated best practices across Member States which partly also cover medical devices.