Who can join the Platform?
To join, your organisation must be one of the following:
- non-governmental organisations focusing on health issues
- patient organisations
- organisations representing health professionals
- health service providers
- health insurance bodies
- research organisations, universities & academic institutions
- business associations committed to health promotion or protection or disease prevention in Europe.
The Platform is open to all these health-related interest groups and organisations legally registered in the EU and in the Transparency Registry. For more information, please read the “working methods” of the Platform.
EU Health Policy Web Platform
This enables interest groups or organisations to:
- start online discussions
- promote meetings or conferences
- share health-related knowledge & best practices
- work on joint statements on health issues
- contribute to & access a library of relevant materials.
It hosts 3 kinds of networks:
- Agora - an open discussion area accessible to all interest groups or organisations registered on the Web Platform
- Thematic networks – open to groups or organisations wishing to discuss specific health topics & produce Joint Statements
- Network(s) of EU experts & stakeholder groups - only open to members of existing groups associated with DG Health & Food Safety.
EU Health Policy Platform Meetings
At these meetings, health-related interest groups and organisations meet the Commission for targeted discussions on health issues.
If your organisation falls into this category and wishes to join the Platform, click on the banner below.