- Current languageen
Pharmaceuticals - Community Register
List of nationally authorised medicinal products for human use
Targocid and associated names
|Product name:||Targocid and associated names|
|Also marketed in the EU under the name(s):||Targosid, Teicomid, Teicoplanin Sanofi-Aventis|
|Indication:||Targocid and associated names is indicated in adults and in children from birth for the parenteral treatment of the following infections: |
• complicated skin and soft tissue infections,
• bone and joint infections,
• hospital acquired pneumonia,
• community acquired pneumonia,
• complicated urinary tract infections,
• infective endocarditis,
• peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD),
• bacteraemia that occurs in association with any of the indications listed above.
Targocid and associated names is also indicated as an alternative oral treatment for Clostridium difficile infection associated diarrhoea and colitis.
Where appropriate, teicoplanin should be administered in combination with other antibacterial agents.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents
|Marketing Authorisation Holder:||Not applicable|
|Close date procedure||Procedure type||EMEA number||Decision||summary publ||decision docs||annex|
|13/09/2013||Referral||EMEA/H/A-30/1301||(2013)5930 of 12/09/2013|