- Current languageen
Pharmaceuticals - Community Register
List of nationally authorised medicinal products for human use
Tazocin and associated names
|Product name:||Tazocin and associated names|
|Also marketed in the EU under the name(s):||Tazobac, Tazocel, Tazocilline, Tazocin, Tazonam|
|Indication:||Tazocin is indicated for the treatment of the following infections|
- Adults and adolescents
- Severe pneumonia including hospital acquired and ventilator associated pneumonia
- Complicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis)
- Complicated intra abdominal infections
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections (including diabetic foot infections)
Treatment of patients with bacteraemia that occurs in association with, or is suspected to be associated with, any of the infections listed above.
Tazocin may be used in the management of neutropenic patients with fever suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
- Children 2 to 12 years of age
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
Tazocin may be used in the management of neutropenic children with fever suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
|Marketing Authorisation Holder:||Pfizer Limited|
|Close date procedure||Procedure type||EMEA number||Decision||summary publ||decision docs||annex|
|23/02/2011||Referral||EMEA/H/A-30/1149||(2011)1196 of 21/02/2011|