Reporting an Information Security Incident
Please use this form to report any information security incident related to the information system provided by the DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs.
Information Security Incidents include:
- Unauthorised access attempts (hacking)
- Unauthorised scanning of networks or computers
- Denial of service (DoS) attacks
- Defacement of websites
- Theft, or loss of critical data or IT equipment
- Disclosure of private information
- Disclosure of passwords or other authentication credentials
- Unmanaged virus or malware infections
- Any other suspicious events or queries.
What to include in reports:
Please supply as much information as possible about the incident. This might include:
- Times and dates of events
- IP addresses or hostnames of computers
- Usernames or identification of people
- Operating system or software versions
- Any error messages or behaviour displayed
- Contact details where we can reach you for follow-up
Please do NOT include passphrases, PINs or other private information.