Public consultation on Tagetes minuta, Tagetes patula and Tagetes erecta extracts and essential oils – Cosmetics Regulations Published on: 14/12/2016, Last update: 30/03/2017
Public consultation on Tagetes minuta, Tagetes patula and Tagetes erecta extracts and essential oils in the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products
Enterprise and Industry, Internal Market, Consumer Affairs, Public Health
Any interested parties, including authorities of the EU countries, manufacturers of cosmetic products, producers of the substances concerned and relevant industry and consumers associations.
Period of consultation
From 14 December 2016 to 8 March 2017.
The Commission would like to invite any interested parties, including authorities of EU countries, manufacturers of cosmetic products, producers of the substances concerned and relevant industry and consumers associations, to submit their comments on the proposed measures and on their possible economic impact.
With relation to the economic impact, the information/comments should refer, inter alia, to the following topics:
- feasibility of the proposed changes
- competitiveness, markets and trade
- direct and indirect costs imposed on business, including SMEs
- innovation and research
- specific regions, sectors and workers
- third countries and international relations
- macroeconomic environment
How to submit your contribution
Any comments*) should be sent with the reference 'Tagetes – Public Consultation'
by post or e-mail by 8 March 2017 at the latest to:
Directorate General Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Unit D/4, Health Technology and Cosmetics,
Av. d'Auderghem 45, BREY 12/10
The consultation is available in English.
Result of the consultation
Protection of Personal data
*) In the interest of transparency, organisations (including, for example, NGOs, trade associations and commercial enterprises) are invited to provide the public with relevant information about themselves by registering in the Interest Representative Register and subscribing to its Code of Conduct.
• If you are a Registered organisation, please indicate the name and address of your organisation and your Register ID number, on the first page of your contribution. Your contribution will then be considered as representing the views of your organisation.
• If your organisation is not registered, you have the opportunity to register now. You may then submit your contribution as a Registered organisation.
• Responses from organisations not registered will be published separately.
The Commission asks organisations who wish to submit comments within the context of public consultations to provide the Commission and the public at large with information about whom and what they represent. If an organisation decides not to provide this information, it is the Commission's stated policy to list the contribution as part of the individual contributions. (Consultation Standards, see COM (2002) 704, and Communication on ETI Follow-up, see COM (2007) 127 of 21/03/2007).