Launch of the 2016 European Social Innovation Competition: Social Innovation for Refugees and Migrants Published on: 15/01/2016, Last update: 18/02/2016
|Event date:||25/02 > 25/02/2016|
Pakhuis De Zwijger
179 Piet Heinkade - Amsterdam - (Netherlands)
|Add to your calendar|
Join us on 25 February in Amsterdam for the launch of the 2016 European Social Innovation Competition. The event will introduce this year's theme: social innovation for refugees and migrants.
The launch event is organised in partnership with the City of Amsterdam.
The day will begin with coffee at 09.30, followed by the opening at 10.30.
During the rest of the day, you can expect:
- an address from Marijke Shahsavari-Jansen, City Councillor of Amsterdam
- a presentation of the 2016 Competition by the European Commission
- the opportunity to join discussions on pan-European social innovation
- insights into the social innovation landscape of Amsterdam and the Netherlands
- a thought-provoking debate with cross-sector experts on issues surrounding the refugee crisis and migrant integration in Europe
- smaller group workshops investigating opportunities for socially innovative responses to the refugee crisis and migrant integration.
The day will conclude at 17.00 following which you are welcome to continue talking through your ideas with each other over drinks to celebrate the start of the competition.
Join us to be a part of the competition from the start, get to know some of Europe's brightest social innovators and hear from experts on this highly important topic.
The event is free to attend but places are limited.
Registration and more information
More information on the programme can be found on the registration page.