Conference on Smart Public Procurement: New frontiers for public procurement Published on: 13/03/2015, Last update: 14/09/2015
Grandior Hotel Prague
Na Porici 42 - 110 00 Prague - (Czech Republic)
|Add to your calendar|
The fourth annual conference on public procurement is taking place on 12 June 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic. The theme is smart public procurement.
What is it about?
The beginning of 2014 saw the entry into force of new public procurement directives and the directive on e-invoicing in public procurement. This means that the focus in the sector has switched to how to implement the new rules and make them work in practice.
Implementation of the new public procurement directives also provides the opportunity to re-think the way public procurement is organised in EU countries to make it more efficient and effective, and better value for money – in other words, to make it 'smarter'.
Smart procurement implies leaner, simpler and more transparent procedures (though greater digitisation amongst other things), less bureaucracy, and a high level of professionalism on the part of the buyers.
It means lower costs for both public buyers and suppliers, and new opportunities for European enterprises through easier access to public procurement procedures at national and EU country level.
It also offers the possibility to use public procurement strategically to pursue other important policy objectives, whether environmental, social, or those related to promoting innovation in the European economy.
This conference is being organised by the European Commission and the Czech Ministry of Regional Development.
Friday, 12 June 2015.
Prague, Czech Republic
Grandior Hotel Prague
Na Porici 42, 110 00 Prague
Public transport: Florenc metro station
- Opening speeches - European Commission and the Czech Ministry of Regional Development
- Session I - Smart public procurement
- Session II – Aggregation: striking a balance between savings and SMEs' access to the markets
- Session III – Learning from experience in the use of electronic tools
- Session IV – New tools for the management of public procurement
- Closing keynote speech
Recordings of the webstreaming are avaliable:
- Czech (morning)
- Czech (afternoon)
- English (morning)
- English (afternoon)
- German (morning)
- German (afternoon)
- Agenda (374 KB)
- Smart public procurement – efficient and modern approaches to public procurement: Governing public procurement and achieving savings - Presentation by Sam Rowbury (431 KB)
- “New frontiers for public procurement” a PIANOo vision - Presentation by Wouter Stolwijk (260 KB)
- BuyIn: Deutsche Telekom and Orange procurement joint venture: from initial set up to advanced sourcing - Presentation by Geoffroy de Buchet (511 KB)
- Eurosystem Procurement Coordination Office (EPCO) - A cross-border case in the public sector - Presentation by Eva Rodriguez Bielsa (419 KB)
- Building the ideal eProc system how to get things right - Presentation by Paulo Magina (669 KB)
- Implementation of an e-public procurement system - Presentation by Trinidad Inostroza Castro (3 MB)
- NIPEZ – the Czech solution for e-Procurement - Presentation by Aleš Havránek (752 KB)
- Users’ experience in e-auctions - Achievements and ongoing challenges - Presentation by Jaroslav Lexa (309 KB)
eTendering pilot eSENS video by Kornelis Drijfhout
- Integrity and Management of Public procurement: „do it right” - Presentation by Munir Podumljak (835 KB)
- First Walk Then Learn to Run: Is eInvoicing Really Enough... - Presentation by Maex Ament (2 MB)