Navigation path


Road haulage and road passenger transport operators may establish themselves in another EU country.
They must submit to the competent authorities of the host country:

  • affidavit certifying the absence of a criminal record, not more than three months old
  • a certificate of professional competence
  • in some countries, a certificate of financial standing.

Directive 96/26/EC on road haulage operators, road passenger transport operators and mutual recognition of diplomas, certificates and other evidence of formal qualifications

Goods and passengers – admission to the occupation of road transport operator and mutual recognition of diplomas

Commission’s website on ”Mobility and Transport“