This call aims to maximise the innovation uptake and productivity increases by identifying:
- R&D and innovation solutions and challenges;
- value-chain linkages;
- business opportunities for collaboration across borders and sectors, notably between SMEs from less and more economically advanced regions.
The proposed pilot projects shall specifically contribute to:
- the undertaking of a benchmarking exercise of the growth potential of the participating regional clusters and the identifation of bottlenecks and opportunities for collaboration;
- the exploration of concrete collaboration opportunities between clusters, technology centres and their SMEs with the goal of improving industrial competences, exploiting available innovation and R&D results, and adding value to existing industrial sectors and value chains;
- developing a cluster partnership strategy for joint activities and related regional smart specialisation investment plans for organisational, skills and industrial development improvements to foster sustained growth across the participating regions.
The European Commission will co-finance proposals carried out by cluster organisations and technology centres. Successful applicants will receive a grant with a maximum of EUR 250 000 for an EU co-financing of a maximum of 75 % of eligible costs. A total budget of EUR 500 000 of EU financing is available for this call.
Submission of proposals
The deadline for electronic submission is 28 July 2015 17.00 (Brussels time).
The electronic submission reference for this call will be 179/G/GRO/PPA/15/8641.
The online system is now accessible where applicants can fill in their data and upload the documents necessary to submit their proposals.
Please refer to the Guide for Applicants before commencing the electronic submission.
For full details, please consult the text of the call available hereafter in the Documents & links section.
Questions and answers
Questions about this call for proposals should be submitted by email only to: GROW-F5@ec.europa.eu.
Answers to questions received will be published at regular intervals (see document below).