Article 68(2) of REACH provides a simplified procedure which the Commission may use in relation to substances classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction (CMR), categories 1A and 1B on their own, in mixtures or in articles that could be used by consumers.
The Commission developed a structured approach to the implementation of Art. 68(2) for articles, which was presented in a paper (421 kb) (Nov 2014) and discussed with the EU country competent authorities and the stakeholders.
As a first implementation of the approach, the Commission is working on the potential restriction of CMRs 1A and 1B in textiles. As part of the process, the Commission conducted a public consultation.
As a result to the public consultation, the Commission organised a technical workshop in order to further discuss the scope of the restriction, the substances to be covered and the concentration limits.
- Objectives – Dos and donts
- Scope – articles covered – derogations
- Substances – Limits - Testing methods
- AFIRM – Comments on the technical workshop
- EURATEX –TEGEWA- ETAD - Joint statement on substances and limits
- EURATEX-TEGEWA-ETAD - Joint comment on CMR substances selected for the restriction
- EURATEX - Contribution on the scope
- FESI – Comments on the technical workshop
- Polish Competent Authority - Standards for the determination of heavy metals in textiles
- REACH & Colours-ARS Tinctoria – Comments on technical workshop
- REACH & Colours-ARS Tinctoria – Comments on CMR substances selected for the restriction
Key points discussed at the workshop
Feedback after the workshop
- TEGEWA follow-up comments
- EURATEX follow-up comments
- ENPC follow-up comments
- BIR Follow-up comments
- FESI Follow-up comments
- AFIRM Follow-up comments
- FTA position paper