1. Objectives and description
We want to help market surveillance authorities and customs pool resources and expertise, and apply SME-friendly methods by providing financial support. The main objectives of this initiative are to improve:
- the efficiency and effectiveness of the surveillance system in Europe
- the coordination of practical enforcement work related product categories or other priorities
Therefore, the Commission wants to encourage more and better market surveillance across EU borders, by financing joint market surveillance actions and projects that help to enhance market surveillance for products within the internal market.
2. Eligible applicants
Applicants must be established in one of the following countries:
- EU countries
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries which are members of the European Economic Area (EEA)
3. Budget and project duration
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at €750,000. Financial assistance from the Commission cannot exceed 90% of the total eligible costs.
The maximum duration of projects is 36 months.
Maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs:
- Financial contributions for up to 75% are permitted for actions proposed by a single beneficiary (EU dimension to be demonstrated).
- Financial contributions up to 80% are permitted for joint actions with the participation of bodies from 2 to 5 EU countries and EEA countries.
- Financial contributions up to 90% are permitted for joint actions with the participation of bodies from 6 or more EU countries and EEA countries.
4. Call for proposals
The full text of the call for proposals is available below.
See the application forms (available from 23 July onward).
Applications must comply with the requirements set out in the full text and be submitted using the forms provided.
Please read the Guide for Applicants (see below) very carefully before starting the electronic submission. You will also find the SEP Guide for Submission on the SEP website.
Please note that the deadline for electronic submission is 2 October 2018, 17:00 hours (Brussels time).
As additional information (including the updated list of the call's questions & answers) shall be posted on this webpage during the publication stage, we encourage you to visit this page regularly.
Questions on this call for proposals can be submitted in writing by sending an e-mail to: GROW-CFPemail@example.com