The main purpose of this event will be to consolidate the cooperation between the European Union and Latin American countries in the field of raw materials. Several thematic areas will be addressed:
- Investment and cooperation opportunities
- Innovation (technology, finance, business models, partnerships, regulatory frameworks, clusters, …)
- Trade, SDG, environmental and safety performance along the mining value chain
- Research, Education, skills and training opportunities along the mining value chain
- Ongoing cooperation projects and initiatives
Particular attention will be dedicated to the EU-Latin America Mineral Development Platform, project funded by the EU Partnership Instrument.
The event will be organised back to back with Arminera 2017 - International Trade Fair for the Mining Industry.
How to register
Attendance is free of charge.
Deadline for registration is 7 April 2017. However, in case you would like to give a presentation, we kindly ask you to register on 17 March at the latest.
The number of participants to this event is limited and participation is subject to registration and selection (in case maximum capacity is reached). We advise you not to make any travelling or accommodation arrangements before you receive the confirmation of your registration.
The European Commission will not cover travel and accommodation expenses for participation in this conference. Conference attendance is free of charge. Coffee breaks, a lunch and cocktail will be provided to all participants.