These Search Tips are a guide to the process of searching and using the Verity Query Language to find the information you are looking for. The guide starts with an overview of searching and moves from simple searches using a single word or phrase to more complicated searches using many search terms. Use the many examples as an aid to formulating your own searches.
Here are some quick tips to get you started (click the underlined words to learn more):
- Enter your search terms in lower case.
The search engine will find both upper and lower case instances of your search term.
- Enclose terms in double quotation marks if you want the search engine to take them literally.
- Search for phrases by entering the words separated by spaces.
- Expand your searches by linking your search term with OR.
The search engine will find pages that contain at least one of your search terms.
- Narrow your searches by linking your search terms with AND.
The search engine will find pages that contain all of your search terms.
- Exclude pages that are not relevant to your search by preceding the search term with NOT.