The EU Register is for information only, showing:
- Permitted nutrition claims and their conditions of use
- Authorised health claims, their conditions of use and applicable restrictions, if any;
- Non-authorised health claims and the reasons for their non-authorisation;
- EU legal acts for the specific health claims;
- National measures mentioned in Art. 23(3) of Regulation EC 1924/2006 (115 Kb)
The Commission will update the EU Register when required, namely upon adoption of EU decisions on applications for claims or on changes to conditions of use and restrictions.
EU Register of Nutrition and Health Claims
Claims not in the EU Register
A number of submitted health claims do not appear in this EU Register:
- Health claims submitted as Article 13(1) 'function claims' (8 Kb) but that do not qualify as such.
- Health claims not related to human health (6 Kb) which cannot consequently be used on foods.
- Health claims for combinations of substances (7 Kb) where health claims are already authorised for some of the individual substances.
- Some 'function claims', for which the assessment by EFSA or the consideration by the Commission is not finalised (177 Kb) . These include health claims:
- Referring to botanical substances;
- Under further consideration by the Commission and EU countries.
- Some health claims subject to the individual authorisation procedure pending a decision.