International Conference on 30 Years Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) – Keeping an eye on your food
16 July 2009, Brussels, Belgium
In the context of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF), DG 'Health and Consumers' is organising the above high-level conference to give operators, consumers and authorities the opportunity to interact and reinforce the network of interested common parties worldwide in order to achieve the highest possible level of food safety. Through a real exchange of knowledge and views between the various stakeholders, the conference will explore the current role of the RASFF in food safety and how the system can be further improved and enhanced.
Commissioner Vassiliou will open the conference and offer a glimpse of what RASFF is all about. Work done and work in progress will be explained both by the European Commission, which is managing the system, and by a Member State actively participating in it. Other views of the system will be presented through keynote speeches by the ASEAN secretariat, BEUC and WHO.
A brand new RASFF public portal and a new IT application replacing the current RASFF public weekly will also be launched. Furthermore, a video, as well as the 2008 Annual Report will be presented, together with a special booklet on the 30 years of the system and an explanatory RASFF leaflet. All will be available online from 16 July.
In the afternoon, panels will open the floor for discussion around the following themes: "stakeholder expectations of the RASFF", "global food safety and alert systems" and "future challenges for the EU food safety system and the role of RASFF".
The detailed programme of the conference is available at http://ec.europa.eu/rasff.
- European Conference on Ensuring Seed Availability in the 21st Century, Brussels, 18 March 2009
- Welfare Quality International Conference, Florence, Italy, 5/6 March 2009
The 2009 International Academic & Community Conference on Animals & Society: Minding Animals
Pre-conference lecture series 14 November, 5 and 18 December 2008
- EU Veterinary Week 2008, 10–16 November
- European Veterinary Week from 10 to 16 November in partnership with the Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE) and the French Presidency
- FAO Forum on Good Animal Welfare Practices - Rome, Italy, 29 September 2008
- Meeting on antimicrobial resistance - Brussels 17 January 2008
- Animal Welfare: A
part of EU Food Chain Policy
International Conference on Animal Welfare 30 March 2006, Brussels
- First International Conference - Rabies in Europe held on 7-9 December 2004 in Kiev, Ukraine
- Global Conference on Animal Welfare held on 23-24 February 2004
- Risk Perception: "Science, Public Debate and Policy Making", held in Brussels on 4-5 December 2003
- International Colloquium on Food Safety 2002 - organised by Pôle européen Jean Monnet de Bruxelles, Centre Bigwood sur l'Alimentation, la Consommation et la Santé Publique, Observatoire sur la consommation et les questions alimentaires, Brussels, 5-6 December 2002
- International Conference on the Prevention and Control of Foot and Mouth Disease: 12-13 December 2001, 26 November 2001 (35KB)
- International Conference: "Risk analysis and its role in the European Union" held in Brussels, on 18-19 July 2000