Stakeholder consultations on the review of the plant health regime
The Commission consulted:
- EU countries' authorities in meetings with the Chief Officers for Plant Health (COPHs);
- Industry and NGOs within the Working Group on Plant Health of the Advisory Group on the Food Chain, Animal and Plant Health (Advisory Group);
- COPHs and the Working Group on Plant Health of the Advisory Group discussed the interim outcome of the evaluation at the conference "Modernising the Common Plant Health Regime in view of globalisation and climate change", Feb. 2010.
Consultations in the impact assessment phase
- Public validation of the recommendations in the evaluation report and the scope of the impact assessment at the conference "Towards a new EU plant health law" (Sept. 2010) linked to a public consultation.
Consultation of EU countries' Chief Officers for Plant Health including on:
- harmful organisms list, prioritisation, regulated non-quarantine pests;
- plant passports;
- import regime, surveillance;
- emergency measures and budget;
- including official controls for plant health under Regulation EC 882/2004 (under review)
Task Forces are discussing these issues with EU countries' experts.
Public consultation in the Plant Health Working Group of the Advisory Group, 18 Feb. 2011.
- Agenda & working document
- Contributions to the public consultation linked to the Plant Health Working Group
- Summary of the consultation replies
Stakeholder consultation within an additional economic study by Food Chain Evaluation Consortium (FCEC)
Position papers on the evaluation and review of the EU plant health regime
More information on the review of the regime