DG Health and Consumers
- Current languageen
The Commission has evaluated the Community Plant Variety Right regime. Dating back to 1995, it needs to be adapted to today's agricultural, trade and market environment.
This evaluation completes the 2008/2009 evaluation of the legislation on marketing seed and plant propagating material, and complements the evaluation of the Community Plant Variety Office.
Conference "EU Plant Variety Rights in the 21st century"
- EU plant variety rights in some figures - CPVO
- UPOV Convention: an international standard - UPOV
- New developments in patenting plant species in Europe - European Patent Office
- EU intellectual property rights on plants: EU farmers and users - COPA-COGECA
- EU intellectual property rights on plants: EU breeders and the seed industry for agricultural and vegetable crops - ESA
- EU intellectual property rights on plants: breeders of ornamental and fruit plants - CIOPORA
- The views of Poland – Research Centre for Cultivar Testing, COBORU, Poland
- The views of the Netherlands - Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture & Innovation, the Netherlands
- Evaluation of the Community Plant Variety Rights Regime - GHK Consulting Ltd