Businesses in the EU handling food products, whether for human consumption or not, must be registered. In some cases, they cannot operate unless approved by their country's competent authority. EU countries draw up public lists of the approved establishments.
- EU and EAA establishments
- List of non-EU establishments - information
- Compliant establishments: areas of Cyprus without effective governmental control
- Technical specifications for EU approved and certain other food establishments
- Establishments in transition in Croatia