The Advisory Group ensures that the Commission's policies on food and feed safety take account of the views and needs of the people they are meant to serve - consumers, farmers, the food industry and retailers.
It provides the European Commission with guidance on:
- labelling and presentation of food and feed
- food and feed safety
- human nutrition in relation to food legislation
- animal health and welfare and plant health .
- Discussion of general policy issues at twice-yearly plenary sessions
- Consideration of more technical issues in ad hoc working groups, to which representatives of non-member organisations may also be invited.
45 stakeholder organisations representing farmers, the food industry, retailers and consumer organisations
Advisory Group members
Statutes & procedures
Agendas and minutes