- On 21 December 2010 the Commission published a Report(COM(2010)785) to the European Parliament and Council on the effectiveness and consistency of sanitary and phytosanitary controls on imports of food, feed, animals and plants with a view to a well functioning framework on imports. This Report was presented following an invitation from the Council in its conclusions of December 2008.
- Final report of Customs Working Group on Avian Influenza on co-operation between customs and veterinary services
- A Commision Staff Working Document has been published in order to assist national customs authorities with the enforcement of Regulation (EC) No 669/2009 with regard to the increased level of official controls on imports of certain feed and food of non-animal origin.
- Guidance on criteria for risk assessment concerning the registered horses entering the Union from Third Countries (Decision 97/794/EC amended by Decision 2014/92/EU).
- General Guidance on re-enforced checks which should assist the competent authorities carrying out import controls on consignments of animal products from third countries in a more harmonised implementation and interpretation of Article 24 of Council Directive 97/78/EC
- Guidance on the implementation of the certification procedures established in Commission Regulation (EU) No 142/2011
- A General Guidance for transit and transhipment has been published in order to assist the competent authorities carrying out veterinary checks on consignments of live animals and animal products from third countries which are destined for transit or transhipment through the Union territory.
- Importing Live Animals & Animal Products into the European Union
- Guidance Document - Key questions related to import requirements and the new rules on food hygiene and official food controls.
- General guidance document on import and transit rules
- General Guidance for CITES Entry Points and EU Border Inspection Posts (BIPs) on procedures applying to import/transit to the Community of live animals and their products
- A Guidance document has been published to provide an introduction into the animal health requirements for placing on the market, import and transit of aquaculture animals according to Council Directive 2006/88/EC and Commission Regulation (EC) No 1251/2008.
- DG TAXUD has published Guidelines on acceptable and unacceptable terms for the description of goods for exit and entry summary declarations, which have been translated in all official languages of the European Union under the Chapter "Security amendment to the Customs Code".
- Based on a recommendation of the Maritime Space Strategy a Guidance Document for checks on live animals and products of animal origin arriving at EU points of entry, which have already received veterinary clearance for the EU market has been developed.
- The guidance document "Guidance Document for veterinary controls on consignments of fishery products originating from Third Countries" to assist the competent authorities on the veterinary checks of fishery products and live fish for human consumption originating from Third Countries has been updated.