Fisheries control authorities in the Baltic Sea area
Council Regulation (EC) No 1098/2007 of 18 September 2007 establishing a multiannual plan for the cod stocks in the Baltic Sea and the fisheries exploiting those stocks, amending Regulation (EEC) No 2847/93 and repealing Regulation (EC) No 779/97 provides a system of management of the cod fisheries in the Baltic Sea. These provisions define inter alia the management targets, technical measures for limiting fishing effort and a number of specific provisions on control and enforcement.
In the framework of the commitment to continue to co-operate on control and enforcement, each Member State in the Baltic Sea maintains an official website on fishery related control and reporting issues which are of benefit to the Commission, other Member States and the masters of fishing vessels in connection with the recovery of cod stocks
The national websites contain inter alia information on:
- Description of control services and the resources available;
- National control action programmes;
- List of authorised vessels holding a special permit for fishing for cod in the Baltic Sea;
- Fishing effort limitation schemes;
- Contact details for the submission of logbooks and landing declarations when landing in that Member State; and
- Lists of designated ports and the addresses for fulfilling notification requirements
For detailed information on fishing effort limitations please consult Member States control web pages.
Websites of national fishing control authorities around the Baltic Sea
Map of the Baltic Sea and ICES Areas