Regulation on end-dates
- Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) becomes fully operational in all Eurozone countries
- Regulation (EU) No. 248/2014 amending Regulation (EU) No 260/2012 as regards the migration to Union-wide credit transfers and direct debits
- The European Parliament approves the transition period of 6 months for the migration towards SEPA
- Deadline for SEPA migration: Commission introduces an additional transition period of six months (until 1 August 2014)
- Regulation (EU) No 260/2012 establishing technical and business requirements for credit transfers and direct debits in euro and amending Regulation (EC) No 924/2009
Annual progress reports
The reports have been prepared in response to the mandate provided in the ECOFIN Council Conclusions of 22 January 2008 (Press release 5372/08, p. 14–15).
Public administrations’ migration to SEPA
To measure progress with SEPA by public administrations, the Commission launched a survey on their preparedness and migration in June 2008 covering the period from the launch of SEPA (28.01.2008) to August 2008. The Commission repeated the survey in the following years.
- Results of the 6th survey
- Results of the 5th survey
- Results of the 4th survey
- Results of the 3rd survey
- Results of the 2nd survey
- Results of the 1st survey
EU Forum of national SEPA Coordination Committees
The EU Forum provides an opportunity for national SEPA Coordination Committees to familiarize themselves with the activities of their European counterparts, debate issues of common interest with the EU institutions and exchange information and good practices about SEPA migration. The forum is chaired by the Commission and it is intended to hold meetings twice a year.
- 14th meeting of the Forum
- 13th meeting of the Forum
- 12th meeting of the Forum
- 11th meeting of the Forum
- 10th meeting of the Forum
- 9th meeting of the Forum
- 8th meeting of the Forum
- 7th meeting of the Forum
- 6th meeting of the Forum
- 5th meeting of the Forum
- 4th meeting of the Forum
- 3rd meeting of the Forum
- 2nd meeting of the Forum
- 1st meeting of the Forum
On 10 September 2009 the Commission adopted a Communication on “Completing SEPA: a Roadmap for 2009-2012”. The Communication presents a series of actions to be undertaken by EU and national authorities, banking industry and users to achieve the full implementation of the SEPA program.