On this website users can find questions and answers about a number of laws adopted by the Commission in the area of Banking and finance. These Q&As do not cover the application of legislative acts by Member States, nor their interpretation.
Below you can select the legislative act you are interested in:
- Markets in Financial Instruments Directive - Browse existing questions
- Capital Requirements Directives (CRD) - Browse existing questions
- Directive 2007/64/EC on payment services in the internal market (PSD - Payment Services Directive) - Browse existing questions
- Directive 2009/110/EC on the taking up, pursuit and prudential supervision of the business of electronic money institutions (E-Money Directive) - Browse existing questions
- Directive 2011/61/EU on Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMD) - Browse existing questions
The three European Supervisory Authorities regularly publish guidelines and Q&As on the application of banking and finance law. The aim of this initiative is to ensure consistent and effective application of the new financial regulatory framework across the EU Single Market. You can submit new questions on these websites.