Report on Crowdfunding in the EU Capital Markets Union – 03.05.2016
Small firms, especially young and innovative ones that are sometimes not so well suited to traditional bank financing, often have a hard time getting the funding they need to invest in their growth and create new jobs. This is why the European Commission’s Capital Market Union action plan places particular emphasis on strengthening alternative finance, including crowdfunding. On 3 May 2016, the Commission published a report that explains the market and regulatory landscape in this dynamic field.
European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum (ECSF)
The “European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum” (ECSF) was set up by the European Commission on 25 June 2014, following a call for applications to select the members of the expert group.
Meetings of the ECSF
- 4th meeting – 17.02.2016
- 3rd meeting – 04.03.2015
- "The European Alternative Finance Benchmarking Report " - University of Cambridge
- 2nd meeting – 03.11.2014
- 1st meeting – 25.09.2014
- "Code of conduct " - Financement Participatif France
- "Awareness raising " - ECSF members’ input
- "ECSF members’ input: What can we learn from the past about failures? " - ECSF members’ input
- "Code of conduct " - European Crowdfunding Network
- "Peer-to-Peer Lending and the P2PFA " - P2PFA
- Additional documents
- "An analysis of 18 platforms in Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Austria seen from the perspective of consumer " - AK Wien
- "Investor Education - Important things to know before investing in innovative start-ups through a portal " - Italian Investor Education
- "EBA response to the European Commission’s Consultation Paper on Crowdfunding " - EBA
Study - Crowdfunding: Mapping EU markets and events study – 04.11.2015
The European Commission published a study to gather and analyse data on crowdfunding markets across the EU as well as to analyse market trends, and carry out events studies to see how national legislations may have impacted the markets.
The study was undertaken by Crowdsurfer in collaboration with E&Y.
Communication on crowdfunding – 27.03.2014
On 27 March 2014 the European Commission adopted a Communication on crowdfunding. The objective of this Communication is to unleash the potential of crowdfunding within the EU by developing, in cooperation with stakeholders, a common understanding at EU level and preparing the ground for possible future actions.
Public consultation “Crowdfunding in Europe ? Exploring the added value of potential EU action” – 03.10.2013
On 3 October 2013 the European Commission launched a consultation to explore the added value of potential EU action in this area. The consultation was closed on 31 December 2013.
Workshop “Crowdfunding: Untapping its potential, reducing the risks“ – 03.06.2013
The European Commission organised a workshop on 3 June 2013 in Brussels, with around 250 participants.