The European Commission launched a study to gather and analyse data on crowdfunding markets across the EU as well as to analyse market trends, and carry out events studies to see how national legislations may have impacted the markets. The study is undertaken by Crowdsurfer in collaboration with E&Y. To contribute data to the study please click on this link. (Please note that Crowdsurfer is a commercial data provider. Besides using the data you will submit for this study, their data license agreement allows them to also sell the data to third parties.)
3rd European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum – 04.03.2015
- "The European Alternative Finance Benchmarking Report " - University of Cambridge
2nd European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum – 03.11.2014
1st meeting of the ECSF - 25.09.2014
- "Code of conduct " - Financement Participatif France
- "Awareness raising " - ECSF members' input
- "ECSF members' input: What can we learn from the past about failures? " - ECSF members' input
- "Code of conduct " - European Crowdfunding Network
- "Peer-to-Peer Lending and the P2PFA " - P2PFA
- Additional documents
- "An analysis of 18 platforms in Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Austria seen from the perspective of consumer " - AK Wien
- "Investor Education - Important things to know before investing in innovative start-ups through a portal " - Italian Investor Education
- "EBA response to the European Commission’s Consultation Paper on Crowdfunding " - EBA
An Expert Group called “European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum” (ECSF) has been set up – 25.06.2014
For further information about the Expert Group called “European Crowdfunding Stakeholders Forum” ECSF please visit the Transparency Register.
The European Commission adopted today a Communication on crowdfunding. The objective of this Communication is to unleash the potential of crowdfunding within the EU by developing, in cooperation with stakeholders, a common understanding at EU level and preparing the ground for possible future actions.
Public consultation “Crowdfunding in Europe ? Exploring the added value of potential EU action” – 03.10.2013
The European Commission is launching a consultation to explore the added value of potential EU action. All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation that will be open from 3 October to 31 December 2013. Contributions are particularly sought from competent authorities, crowdfunding platforms, entrepreneurs and individuals who launched a crowdfunding campaign and citizens who contributed to such campaigns.
Workshop “Crowdfunding: Untapping its potential, reducing the risks“ – 03.06.2013
The European Commission organised a workshop on 3 June 2013 in Brussels, with around 250 participants.