Report from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on the application of Directive 2006/48/EC on microcredit – 20.12.2012
On 18 December 2012, the European Commission adopted its report to the European Parliament and the Council on the application of Directive 2006/48/EC on microcredit activities.
Conference “Improving the regulatory environment for microcredit” – 02.12.2011
This conference held on 2 December 2011, sought to understand what obstacles microcredit providers face in providing their services throughout the EU, what might be done to improve the situation and whether there is a need and scope for regulatory action at national or EU level. It provided a lively exchange between microcredit providers, public authorities and other stakeholders, notably with a view to identifying best practice in this field.
- Summary of the conference
- Speaker and panellist biographies
- Social business initiative – Commission policy paper
- Regulation of microcredit in Europe – Expert group report
- Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP)
- JASMINE initiative (Joint Action to Support Micro-finance Institutions in Europe)
- JEREMIE initiative (Joint European Resources for Micro to medium Enterprises)
- European code of conduct for microcredit provision
- Progress Microfinance Facility