In March 2013 Michel Barnier mandated Philippe Maystadt to examine ways of reinforcing the EU’s contribution to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and improving the governance of the European bodies involved in developing these standards.
Mr Maystadt held a series of interviews and consultations before drafting his report, which he presented to Finance Ministers at the ECOFIN Council meeting on 12 November 2013.
Mr Maystadt’s report was part of a broader debate on accounting standards. It also takes into consideration international developments in this field as well as the Commission's evaluation of Regulation on the application of International Financial Reporting Standards, which was finalised on 18 June 2015.
- Commissioner Barnier prolongs Philippe Maystadt’s mission with a view to ensuring adequate and timely follow-up of EFRAG reform
- Press release (IP/14/110)
- Philippe Maystadt (special advisor to Commissioner Michel Barnier) presents his report to Finance Ministers at the ECOFIN Council meeting
- Commissioner Barnier appoints Philippe Maystadt as Special Adviser to enhance EU’s role in promoting high quality accounting standards
- Press release (IP/13/242)