Evaluation of the IAS Regulation
The European Commission is assessing the impact of IFRS within the EU against its original aims. Read more
Corporate tax transparency by multinational enterprises (all sectors)
An impact assessment is being prepared to assess whether and how to expose enterprises to more intense scrutiny on the part of authorities or by different stakeholders. Read more
- The European Commission will not propose for endorsement the interim standard on rate regulated activities, IFRS 14.
IFRS 14 is a temporary standard offering an accounting option to companies that adopt IFRS for the first time. The European Commission will not propose IFRS 14 for endorsement in the EU because very few European companies would fall within its scope. The Commission will consider any future standard on rate regulated activities for endorsement in the EU under its normal process.
- The responses to the consultation on further corporate tax transparency have been published
- Following the decision by Mr Wolf Klinz not to pursue the post of President of the Board of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), the Commission is launching a new call for applications and is looking for suitable candidates for this post. The European Commission will then nominate a candidate for President of the Board, taking into consideration any views expressed by the Council and/or the European Parliament, and the final appointment will be made by the EFRAG General Assembly. (Call for applications )
- The European Commission adopts report on use of International Financial Reporting Standards in the EU
- Commission launches consultation on corporate tax transparency (IP/15/5156)