The European Commission hosted a high level auditing conference in Brussels on 10 December 2008. It addressed how to enhance international cooperation and promote auditing public oversight systems in third countries.
Today's financial crisis has confronted us not just with a challenge at European level but with the global challenge to work together towards global high quality audit oversight systems. This conference marked the start of awareness of a concrete need for workable solutions through global regulatory cooperation.
- Jürgen Tiedje, Head of Unit, DG MARKT
- Paul George, Director of the Professional Oversight Board for Accountancy (POB), UK
- Kai-Uwe Marten, Deputy Chairman of the Auditor Oversight Commission (AOC), DE
- Steven Maijoor, Managing Director at the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM), NL
- Toshitake Inoue, Director for International Financial Markets, Financial Services Agency (JFSA), JP
- Frank Schneider, Director, Federal Audit Oversight Authority, CH
- Andrew Le Brun, Director, Jersey Financial Services Commission